WhatsApp Stickers was announced recently (25/Oct/18) in a WhatsApp blog post. You will now be able to send and received Stickers on WhatsApp.
The WhatsApp that will support stickers will roll out to Android and iOS users over “the coming weeks”. You should be expecting the new update for WhatsApp this week.
“From emoji and camera features to Status and animated GIFs, we’re always looking to add new features that make communicating with friends and family on WhatsApp easy and fun. Today, we’re excited to introduce a new way for people to express themselves with stickers,” WhatsApp said in a blog post.
Stickers allow you to express your self in ways that text or emoji couldn’t.
The sticker packs in the new WhatsApp will include stickers such as smiling teacup, crying broken heart and more. All these are Stickers created by designers at WhatsApp as well as other developers.
WhatsApp has added support for third-party sticker packs as well. This will allow developers from around the world to create stickers for the platform.
However, the third party developer will need to publish their packs as an app on the Google Play or Apple App Store. From there, users can download the apps and then make use of the packs inside WhatsApp.
They have given a guiding template to that click here to see full details.
Read Also>>Where To Download YoWhatsApp Latest Version
How to Download WhatsApp Stickers
The WhatsApp with stickers is available for both Android and iOS users.
For WhatsApp Android users, they will have to update to version 2.18.329 to access the Sticker feature. Click here to see availability for download.
If you are an iOS user, download WhatsApp version 2.18.100 because it will be included in that version.
How to use WhatsApp Stickers Packs
There will be about 12 Sticker packs available for download.
Once downloaded it can be use online and offline.
Steps on how to use the packs:
• Open keyboard in a chat, where users should see a new sticker button.
• A new Stickers Store will open when users click on the sticker button.
• WhatsApp also has a dedicated Sticker Category that one can access by tapping the + icon at the top. Currently, the Stickers category has 12 sticker packs including Cuppy by Minseung Song, Bibimbap Friends by Pete Ellison, Biscuit by Ghostbot etc.
• One can download as many sticker packs they like.
• Next, users can simply select the sticker they want to share and send to chat.
• WhatsApp stickers can be accessed from WhatsApp Web as well app.
• There is a favourite tab as well, which allows users to mark their favourite stickers by tapping on the star option.
• The history tab shows all the previously used stickers in one template.
The steps listed above was culled from TIE.
You May Also Like >> How To Check If You Suffered From Facebook’s Data Breach